Six Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About Me:
1. In 1956 I won the Girl Scout knot-tying contest at the Paterson Armory Jamboree.
2. At the end of a workday, I like to relax by knitting while watching old TV westerns like Bonanza and Rawhide.
3. After I nearly drowned in seaside horseplay, I refused to learn to swim. Regardless, in summer camp at age twelve when all the girls were tested for water safety, I waited to be last and then jumped in the lake and dog-paddled to the raft and back so as not to be the only one unable to pass the test.
4. I would rather eat chocolate cake or frozen yogurt than almost any other meal.
5. I was a Greenwich Village wannabe beatnik in the early sixties.
6. When my parents forbade me to smoke cigarettes, I smoked a pipe with cherry-blend tobacco.